To enable Template/SenderID restriction for a particular user, we can create a group of users and restrict the access of the these objects to those particular groups only. Below are the steps:
- First, create two records in these objects(based on the country)
- Create a group of users based on the privileges that you want to provide. Go to setup-> Administration Setup -> Manage Users -> Public Groups-> Click on "New" Button.
- In search drop-down list select "User" (if you would like to do it on the basis of users)/“Role and Internal Subordinates”.
- Click save.
- Now go to Setup-> Administration Setup-> "Security Control" -> "Sharing Settings"-> " SMS Template Sharing Rules"/"SMS SenderID Sharng rules" -> Click on "New" button.
- Give this rule a unique and self-explanatory name.
- For "Select your rule type" Select "Based on Criteria".
- In "Select which record to be shared" select "SMS template name" "starting with" "template name(starting with the country name)"
- In "Select the user to share with" Select "Public groups" and the group which you have created in "step 4".
- Sharing Setting-> Default Sharing setting-> click on Edit.
- Change the default access for "SMS Template"/"SMS SenderID" object to "Private". This would change the accessibility settings for all the templates/senderIDs.
I hope this is bang-on with your requirement. Let me know the results.