To save time and effort in manually assigning permissions to different users, we bring you ‘SMS Interact Permission Set.’ By simply assigning this permission set, the user gets access to all the objects required to send out messages.
By default, this permission set won’t be granted to any user. You will have to manually grant this permission set.
If you remove this permission set, then default permissions will be set for that user and you can continue to provide/revoke access to that user manually.
The screen below shows how you can assign the ‘Permission set’:
Action required ; -
You can grant/revoke the permission set for a user by following the below steps:
- Go to ‘Setup’ >> ‘Administration’ >> ‘Manage Users’ and click on ‘Users’
- Click on the user for which you wish to grant/revoke permission set
- Look for ‘Permission Set Assignment’ and then edit that permission set
- You will be able to see ‘SMS Interact Permission Set’ under ‘Available Sets’
- You can add the ‘SMS Interact Permission Set’ to the column ‘Enabled Permission Sets’
- Click ‘Save’ to save the changes
Note: A user can send out an SMS even when this permission set is not allotted to him, provided he is manually given permission to send out messages.